Reindeer Farm Visit in Rovaniemi
REINDEER FARM VISIT TOUR 2,5 h – ROVANIEMI
We at Porohaka wish to introduce you to the tradition of reindeer herding. The group size of the travelers arriving to us is small, so we can offer you personal service and tell you in detail what reindeer herding is. If you don’t find availability you can still ask us in chat. We don’t put all availability on internet.
FEED REINDEER DURING REINDEER FARM VISIT
We welcome you with open arms! During the reindeer farm visit we will visit and feed our reindeer herd of as much as 100 reindeer! During the feeding, the reindeer come very close so you will notice just how charming and wise they are.
COME TO US – WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU
This is tour is meant for people who are able to visit us with their own transportation. This is not including pick-up and dropp-off service.
We want to make sure your visit to us is a once in a lifetime experience and our program is suitable for people of all ages. However, if you have any condition of reduced mobility or very small children travelling with you, we kindly ask you to contact us in advance so that we are able to make sure everything is safe and that the day is a success for everyone.
SMALL GROUPS, MORE PRIVATE SERVICE
Take your time to get acquainted with our services and do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything you wish to know more about, or if there is something else you´d wish to experience with us. We are here for you and we truly wish to make your day with us memorable!
If you like to have Reindeer Sleigh Ride safari also, please check this tour.
The tour begins with a visit to our reindeer farm. To get there, we will take a short snowmobile ride from our home with you sitting comfortably in a sleigh pulled by the snowmobile. After arriving to the reindeer farm, it is time to feed the reindeer.
We will take the reindeer food with us on the sleigh and move inside the enclosure where the reindeer stay. In the enclosure the moving happens with a sleigh pulled by a snowmobile. You will get to sit on the sleigh and watch as the reindeer come close as we feed them.
We will take a short stop halfway through the feeding, so that you have enough time to observe. Reindeer are friendly but naturally shy, so remember that our actions should be calm. We will spend about two hours in the reindeer enclosure.
After arriving back to our home, we will enjoy hot beverages and home baked cakes in our Laplanders hut by the open fire. You will have the chance to ask questions and share your thoughts about the day.
During this tour you are able to
- see big amount of reindeer
- feed reindeer
- get snowmobile sleigh ride accross the forest
- see very sparsely-populated area outside city town
- learn lots of thing about reindeer herding and reindeer
- get needed extra warm clothes
- try traditional Finnish kicksledding
- get warm beverages and unforgettable experiences in Laplander’s hut by the campfire
- see traditional reindeer herder family
- get genuine and original experience like our life and reindeer herding is as usual
- avoid big groups of people
– Extra clothing, if needed
– Visit to our reindeer farm to feed the reindeer
– Snowmobile sleigh ride
– Hot beverages and a local pastry
- Please note that in this tour there is no reindeer sleigh riding available. One other of our excursions includes reindeer sleigh riding.
- No pick-up service included this tour. Pick-ups are included in other tours.
Note: Please call us before you drive here. So we can ensure we have time to serve you also.
What do I need to bring?
Your warm winter clothes.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 40% if booking is cancelled 21 days or less before the event
Day tour / activity
Booking in advance
Cut off: 16 hours
2 hours and 30 minutes
Each guest’s review and experience sharing is a top priority for us.
Please give your review too, thank you!